Saturday 14 March 2009

Amsterdam


I’ve been on hiatus from blogging but I’m suddenly in the mood to catch up, so hold on tight!

A while back ago, my flat mate Alicia and friend Michelle and I joined our buddy Romeo for a weekend in Amsterdam.

Yeah, Amsterdam.

I had a great time there. If you’re planning a trip and looking for a hostel, I recommend you stay at a popular one called The Bulldog, which was where we ended up. It was a super safe, guests only type of place, 12 people per room but we were rooming with some very nice people from all over the world who liked to play poker, Texas Hold ‘Em to be exact. This hostel proved every hostel horror story I’ve ever heard completely false. It was super clean and friendly and relatively cheap. We had so much fun going to the Heineken Brewery, the Van Gogh museum, taking a tour on the canals and dodging all the people on bikes. EVERYONE rides a bike in this town, which was really cool. We experienced everything Amsterdam had to offer. On our last night there we even took a stroll through the red light district and got to see all the women standing in their window fronts looking for business. Alicia took a picture of one from far away and the woman got really upset and started flipping her off and yelling at her in another language! It was pretty great! If I had the time and the money, I would definitely go back to Amsterdam. Especially in the Spring time. It was really, really cold the entire time we were there but I know it would be so pretty if the sun were shining and if the trees and flowers were blooming. I feel like I didn’t get to see everything I wanted to. So, I guess I'm just going to have to come back. Who's coming with me??

1 comment:

  1. Is that an invitation? are you up to go in june?? july??

    ReplyDelete